Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Coming soon!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Welcome to my college food blog! Currently, I have not posted any recipes. That is because I need to go grocery shopping today. Right now I am living off rice cakes and cheese. If I don't make it to the store today, I will be living off of stolen crackers from my roommate's side of the pantry!

I created this blog because I felt that college students needed an alternative to ramen noodles and late-night pizza. However, after looking through many of the published "College" cookbooks, I noticed two things:

1) The receipes were not easy and called for a ton of excessive ingredients that end up going to waste.

2) The recipes were not healthy, and many of them included RAMEN NOODLES as a main ingredient! Come on people, we've had just about enough of those sodium filled fat-packs of pasta.

My recipes will be based on very low calorie and low fat ingredients. I believe in food that not only fills you up, but serves a purpose to give needed nutrients to the body.

Feel free to save some leftovers from your meal. Those can come in handy for late-night grubbing after you get in from whatever awesome keg party that you attended. After all, you probably just consumed 3,000 calories of alcohol. Do you really want to order an entire late-night pizza that you would most likely drench in ranch sauce? Didn't think so.

So, instead of your usual night time fat-fests of pizza, taco bell, and burgers, eat your healthy leftovers designed by ME- The Cheap, Easy College Cooking Chic! Together, we can stay healthy for a low price, while still managing to impress that hottie from your chem lab with your soon-to-be awesome cooking skills.

To the children in the dorms: Sorry, most of these recipes call for a kitchen that is equipped with more than a 40 watt microwave. Maybe you could go find someone older to date, that way you can use them for their kitchen!

See you all soon!

-The Cheap, Easy College Cooking Chic :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there. I am a food writer working on a story about "10 things you can fix in your dorm room."

Your web site popped up when I was doing a Google search.

I was wondering if I could talk to you for a few minutes about an idea for an easy meal and your tips for other students about college cooking.

Please shoot me an e-mail and let me know if I can give you a call.

Thanks,

Tanya Bricking Leach
food writer

tmleach@gmail.com

Emily said...

Hey there!!
You really should follow me, as a cook who's got Zero income (at the moment) I think that us together are a huge help to those out there!